Friday 23 October 2009

Question Time

Much blog space has been given over to this week's Question time. I don't often watch the programme nowadays but like millions of others tuned in to this one. I thought the programme was dreadful. It was almost exclusively focussed on Nick Griffin and the BNP.No current and topical issues got an airing. Nick Griffin really came across as out of his depth, nervous, unimpressive and his appearance will certainly not have done his reputation or that of his party any good at all( which is a good thing).
But according to the newspapers today it would seem that the whole programme was engineered to focus on Griffin and now he is claiming 'victim status'. I am sure a normal Question Time programme which discussed a whole range of topics would have exposed Griffin's( and that of the BNP)shortcomings. Now the issue will run and run. But I suppose the BBC bosses will be patting each other on the back because viewing figures for the programme exceeded that of Strictly Come Dancing( which in my mind is another cringe worthy programme).
I confess that I channel hopped at times on Thursday and watched some highlights(?) of Celtic-Hamburg. That too was not very impressive either although the final score did not cause me any grief.

No comments: