Monday 19 October 2009

Fruit clock


The fruit of the Spirit(Galatians) was the overall theme from yesterday. As a visual aid for the the congregation I produced my fruit powered clock which I had bought over the internet some weeks ago. Fruit can be used to power a small digital clock given the right conditions. What gracious power should there be in the fruit produced through the lives of God's people in the world? How about love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control?

Over the weekend I read a brief article from the Scottish Composer, James MacMillan. In the article he described a Burns Supper as being a parody of the Roman Catholic Mass and therefore, I suppose, an anti Roman Catholic occasion. I think Mr MacMillan should stick to writing his music which could hardly be described as accessible or popular to the vast majority of the population of his native land who probably have no idea who he is.

No comments: