Wednesday 23 July 2008

Champion's Challenge


At Church we are now in the final stages of preparation for another Holiday Club week which begins on Monday 28th July. 47 children have booked in and we have a good and experienced team of leaders and helpers to make sure it all goes as it should. Harrogate Baptist has been running a Holiday Club every year for the past 17 or 18 years and some of those still involved have been doing Holiday Club every year from the start.
Champion's Challenge has a sporty theme. Each day's title uses a different sporting image to explain different facets of who Jesus is( have you ever thought of Jesus as a physio?). The Biblical material is from Luke's Gospel. Again I get to wear a t-shirt that is unlikely to see the light of day after the week is over. The Holiday Club services is the only time I turn up at church on Sunday in a t-shirt( not even when I am on holiday).
I will try to blog during the week and reflect on how my group respond to the games,teaching and activities( and on a how I am surviving!).

No comments: