Monday 10 May 2010

PR

I was asked today if I could explain the different forms of Proportional Representation. I had to confess that my knowledge of this subject is sadly lacking. But in view of what is now at the heart of the discussions about forming a coalition government, I will need to get studying.
Watching as the results began to come in on election night I was struck by the number of times I heard politicians speak of the need for humility. As it became clear that there was likely to be a hung parliament, so it was suggested that politicians would need to act with humility and accept that this is how the people have voted. Hopefully in the on-going discussions taking place at the moment there will be humility expressed. It would surely do all our politicians good to take note of Philippians 2:3-4.

On another note - on Sunday afternoon I watched my team receive the SPL trophy. That makes for a world record of 53 Championships. Of course, I mention this in all humility!

No comments: