Tuesday 29 December 2009

Santa's a Scotsman

I heard this song on Ken Bruce's Radio 2 show in the week before Christmas and it made me smile. But as I recall from my childhood, the Santas I met always had a Scottish accent.

"It's Christmas time in Scotland, and my kid said to me.....
Just one question Daddy , before I go to sleep....
How will Santa find me , so I said.. wherever he may roam,
Santa will find you because he's coming home

Don't You Know
Santa's A Scotsman
He's Loved Everywhere he goes
He moved form Glasgow to Lapland...following Rudolf's nose
Don't you know
Santa's A Scotsman... Come on make a fuss
Too many pies not enough exercise....of course he's one of us."

Annette and I are now looking forward to the family arriving today. I think I may teach my grandchildren the song and they can sing it with their Black Country accents.

No comments: