Wednesday 26 March 2008

I came across this prayer yesterday. Made me think.


How
do I build your ‘house’ – your kingdom, Lord?

I think I’d find it easier
if you told me to build
a temple of bricks and mortar.
That’s tangible. I could measure my progress.
What is it you want me to build?
You say you don’t live in a temple made by human hands (Acts 17:24)
But you also say my body is your temple (1 Corinthians 6:19)
and that we together as Christian community are your temple (1 Corinthians 3:16).

So it seems it is my very life and my relationships
that build a dwelling place for your Spirit, Jesus.
Today may everything I say and do be a building block
creating space where you are pleased to dwell.
When I meet with others remind me to ask:
‘Would God be pleased to dwell with us in this conversation… this activity?’
And when I spend time and money on my own lifestyle
let me be just as generous with time and money to help
your kingdom to come on earth just as it is in heaven.
(Sheila Pritchard)

No comments: